Sunday, September 17th, 2017 at 1:00 PM
1400 Meters (almost 1 Mile) Open Water Swim in the East River in Mathews, VA.
From Historic Williams Wharf to Hicks Wharf & Return
This Swim is a Benefit for the Mathews Land Conservancy’s OWENS’ ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION & ROWING CENTER
700 Meters (almost ½ mile) each way and 1400 Meters (almost 1 mile) roundtrip
Williams Wharf on the East River at 1039 Wms Wharf Rd, (end of Rt 614) in Mathews, VA
Typically ideal with air & water temperature mid 70’s & jellyfish presence minimal
- All swimmers are expected to raise a $100 minimum in sponsorships to swim. Sponsorships are fully tax deductible and need to be made out to the Mathews Land Conservancy (MLC) and sent to P.O. Box 306, Mathews, VA 23109 with sponsored swimmer’s name(s) noted. This may be done online OR bring sponsorship monies with you day of Swim.
- Money raised will go to the Owens Environmental Education & Rowing Center whose progress can be viewed twice a day on MLC website while it is under construction!
- All contributors will be sent notification of their tax deductible gifts that satisfy IRS rules & regulations.
- All ages and abilities are welcome and swim aids are permitted. As a fundraiser, prizes will be awarded to the top 3 fundraisers and swimmers’ times will be recorded.
- For more information, to register to swim, to sponsor a swimmer(s) or if you wish to help out; call or contact the Mathews Land Conservancy at 804 725-9685
- Spectators are encouraged to attend as the entire Swim can be viewed from beautiful, historic Williams Wharf.
- Refreshments for sale via food trucks & wine/beer tent for those 21 & older with soft drinks for those under 21.